One witness said he heard between 13 and 16 shots; the police isolated the region
“Initial investigations indicate that there were two casualties and several people were injured by gunshot wounds,” the local police said in a statement detailing that the incident occurred on South Clairbone Avenue at 9:23 pm in Brasilia.
Several local media outlets, however, speak of three deaths.
“Some of the victims were taken to nearby hospitals or private clinics, and emergency services are on site serving some injured,” an agent told The Times Picayune newspaper.
Police isolated the region, where two bodies could be seen in front of the Chicken & Watermelon restaurant.
Lawrence Russo, a witness cited by the publication at a nearby gas station, said he had heard between 13 and 16 shots.
- Trump declares state of emergency in California due to fire
- Heavy rains flood parts of Pennsylvania
- Eleven children lived in captivity in New Mexico without water or food
- Police search 12-year-old Chinese girl who disappeared at Washington airport
- What happens if the US government comes to a halt?