After the Olympic Games , the most important multi-sport event in the world is hosted in Asia. After a four-year fast, the Asian Games will vibrate a continent from August 18 to September 2 , period in which the sport will take over the largest continent in the world.
Below we list five points that you should know before the sports event.
- The Asian Olympic Council regulates this competition, so countries of the highest sporting level coincide in the dispute for the first place: Japan, China and South Korea , with athletes located within the elite. This edition will be held in Jakarta-Palembang , cities of Indonesia.
- The first fair was held in New Delhi, India (1951). Eleven countries fought for glory in the first multi-sport Asian event . In 2018 the 18th edition of the Asian Games takes place , this time conformed by more than 40 nations and almost 1,000 athletes.
- The city of Hanoi in Vietnam was chosen to host the competition in 2018; however, it had to decline due to lack of economic budget. The most recent, disputed four years ago, were held in Incheon, South Korea.
- Both South Korea and North Korea participate in the great Asian event, although they merge in basketball, rowing and dragon boat races.
- Video games will be present at the Asian Sports Games , although for the moment only on display, it is expected that for the 2022 edition they will be formally integrated as a discipline within the sporting event. The electronic sports will finally be included in the great Asian event, which receives a discipline that is not Olympic in its competition.
There are great expectations in the biggest multi-sports event in Asia: the competitions, details and stories of the athletes can be experienced through The Dewsboro .
The historic medals table is led by China with 2136 medals, followed by Japan with a harvest of 2242, but fewer gold medals than the Chinese.