Woman dies after being accidentally burned by doctors during surgery

Woman dies after being accidentally burned by doctors during surgery
Woman dies after being accidentally burned by doctors during surgery

The tragic accident occurred in Romania, when a woman was intervened for problems with pancreatic cancer

A 66-year-old woman was burned down due to an accident by doctors who intervened during surgery.

The tragic event occurred on December 22 in Bucharest, Romania, at the Floreasca hospital, when doctors performed surgery on a woman suffering from pancreatic cancer.

Apparently during the operation, doctors used an alcohol-based disinfectant and subsequently used an electric scalpel, which caused a reaction and the woman’s body burned in flames.

Faced with the critical situation, a nurse poured a bucket of water on the patient to calm the fire, however 40% of her body was already suffering severe burns. Unfortunately a week later it became known that the woman did not resist and lost her life.

The Deputy Minister, Horatiu Moldovan, said in this regard that surgeons should have been aware that it is forbidden to use all types of alcohol-based disinfectants during any surgery where an electric scalpel is used.

On the other hand, Emanuel Ungureanu, a renowned Romanian politician, filed a complaint with the Prosecutor’s Office with the intention that the case be investigated in more depth, and that those responsible be sanctioned.

According to local media, hospital accreditation was suspended for 6 months for not reporting the situation in a 24-hour.

3 Comments

  1. I simply want to say I’m new to blogging and site-building and actually liked this website. Likely I’m want to bookmark your blog . You absolutely have tremendous stories. Many thanks for sharing with us your web page.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*