He got an infection from eating sushi and had to have his arm amputated

The 71-year-old man went to the hospital with fever and blood blisters 12 hours after eating traditional Japanese food.  

A man in South Korea had his left arm amputated after catching an infection eating sushi. The old man had to go to the hospital 12 hours after eating raw fish with fever and blood blisters on his left arm, symptoms caused by the vibrio bacteria found in seawater.

According to the doctors, the man had vibriosis, an illness caused by anaerobic bacteria present in sea water, whose intake can be toxic. The patient already had a complicated clinical history: he had diabetes, hypertension and kidney problems. In his left arm he had blisters of blood that measured between three and five centimeters.

Upon arrival at the hospital, the patient had to undergo emergency surgery to remove the blisters and injected him with antibiotics, according to the magazine ‘New Journal Medical’.

In spite of the treatment, the lesions evolved to necrotic ulcers, reason why the doctors were forced to amputate the arm to him 25 days after it appeared in the hospital for the first time.

1 Comment

  1. Right here is the perfect website for everyone who wishes to find
    out about this topic. You know a whole lot its almost tough to argue
    with you (not that I personally will need to…HaHa).
    You certainly put a brand new spin on a subject that has been discussed
    for a long time. Great stuff, just wonderful!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*